Take your culinary skills to the next level with our one-day intensive workshop, "Mastering Dry Aging and Charcuterie," taught by the renowned Certified Master Chef Rich Rosendale and his skilled culinary team. This hands-on course is designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of dry aging - a culinary art that intensifies flavor and tenderizes meat in a way no other technique can match.
This immersive class, held at the state-of-the-art FORKLIFT Collaboratory in Leesburg, Virginia, will cover everything from the fundamentals of dry aging to advanced techniques. You'll learn about the best cuts of meat for dry aging, the science behind the process, and the critical role that time, temperature, and humidity play in achieving sublime results.
Our expert instructors will also guide you through the process of creating traditional charcuterie. You'll learn how to use a Dry Ager to craft delicacies such as cured ham, Lomo, Bresaola, and Capicola. By the end of the course, you'll be able to incorporate these luxury items into your menu, boosting its appeal and adding value to your culinary offerings.
The class runs from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm, offering plenty of hands-on experience and one-on-one time with Chef Rosendale and his team. The day's session concludes with a family-style meal, allowing you to taste and appreciate the fruits of your labor, basking in the unique flavors and textures that only dry aging and charcuterie can bring.
Whether you're a culinary professional looking to expand your repertoire, or an enthusiast wanting to deepen your knowledge, this class is a must-attend. Immerse yourself in the magic of dry aging and charcuterie with Chef Rich Rosendale and bring a new level of sophistication to your cooking. Be prepared to be inspired, educated, and well-fed. Don't miss out on this extraordinary culinary journey.
CLASS SCHEDULE: (ALL DAYS/LOCAL TIME)
8:30 am - 9:00 am: Continental Breakfast and Welcome
- Participants arrive and enjoy a continental breakfast.
- Instructors welcome the participants and provide an overview of the day's agenda.
9:00 am - 10:30 am: Fundamentals of Dry Aging
Introduction to Dry Aging (30 minutes)
- Discuss the concept and benefits of dry aging.
- Explain the role of time, temperature, and humidity in the process.
Best Cuts for Dry Aging (30 minutes)
- Identify the best cuts of meat for dry aging.
- Discuss their characteristics and flavor profiles.
Science Behind Dry Aging (30 minutes)
- Explore the scientific principles behind the dry aging process.
- Explain how enzymes and microbes contribute to flavor development.
10:30 am - 12:00 pm: Dry Aging Techniques
Dry Aging Equipment and Set-up (30 minutes)
- Introduce different types of dry aging equipment, including Dry Agers.
- Explain the proper set-up and maintenance of the equipment.
Dry Aging Process (1 hour)
- Walk participants through the step-by-step process of dry aging.
- Demonstrate how to monitor and control time, temperature, and humidity.
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm: Charcuterie Production
Introduction to Charcuterie (30 minutes)
- Discuss the history and various types of charcuterie.
- Explain the principles of curing, fermentation, and aging.
Charcuterie Demonstration (1 hour)
- Demonstrate the production of different charcuterie items using a Dry Ager.
- Show techniques for curing ham, Lomo, Bresaola, and Capicola.
Hands-on Charcuterie Production (30 minutes)
- Participants work in groups to create their own charcuterie products.
- Instructors provide guidance and supervision throughout the process.
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm: Family-Style Meal and Conclusion
- Participants gather for a family-style meal at the conclusion of the class.
- Enjoy the charcuterie and dry-aged meat produced during the session.
- Chef Rosendale and the instructors discuss the flavors, textures, and techniques used.
- Participants have the opportunity to ask questions and share their experiences.
- Course concludes with a final wrap-up and presentation of certificates.
Note: These programs are not endorsed, accredited, or affiliated with ACF or the ACF Certification Program.
Here’s what the chefs are saying about the class.
“Chef Rich not only teaches the basics and advanced techniques of sous vide cooking…he made sure he understood each participant's business needs and showcased techniques specific to them!"
- Lou Bastian, VP Corporate Chef Levy Restaurants
TOOLS AND ATTIRE: We recommend wearing your regular kitchen attire and apron, or casual clothing is also acceptable. No specific tools are required as our venue is fully equipped with everything you will need.
PLEASE NOTE: No video or audio recording devices are allowed during the class. Only still photos are allowed. This is strictly enforced.
ADDRESS FOR THE CLASS:
75 Lawson Rd. Unit 109
Leesburg VA, 20175
Dulles International Airport
1 Saarinen Cir, Dulles, VA 20166
Upon booking your class, we will provide you with instructions to book a stay at our official partner hotel, where you will receive a special rate. The Hampton Inn & Suites Leesburg is conveniently located just minutes away from our culinary operation and class venue. The hotel's address is 117 Fort Evans Rd NE, Leesburg, VA 20176.
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
Less than 90 days prior - a 100% refund to the original form of payment will be offered for the total amount paid.
Less than 60 days prior - No refunds will be offered, but 100% class credit will be issued and can be used towards future classes.
Less than 10 days prior - 75% class credit offered (based on the amount paid) and can be used only for regular class prices and cannot be applied to early bird prices or discounts.
Less than 7 days prior - 50% class credit offered (based on the amount paid) and can be used only for regular class prices and cannot be applied to early bird prices or discounts.
Anytime (past participants only) - 100% class credit offered (based on the amount paid) and can be used only for regular class price and cannot be applied to early bird prices or discounts.
Each situation will be evaluated by Chef Rich Rosendale. Upon review, the credit will be submitted. Evaluation can take up to 48 hours.
WANT A CLASS IN YOUR CITY? - CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: We recognize the reality of the pandemic and have adapted our operations to maintain continuity while ensuring the safety of our employees. We are taking abundant care to minimize exposure to both our employees and participants in our classes, using technology whenever possible. As we have told our employees, we also ask you to follow CDC guidelines, remain home as much as possible, and stay safe.
Equipment sponsors from http://www.rcculinarylab.com/