Sous Vide Two Day Workshop, May 18th-19th, DC Metro Area
- APRIL 18-19, 2020: Price will increase to $950.00
So you want to learn sous-vide?
Well, you came to the right place! Rich is considered an authority on this style of cooking. This class is taught by Rich, one of only 72 Certified Master chef’s in the United States. He has over 55 international cooking awards under his belt. He has applied this technique in large-scale operations like the Greenbrier resort with 15 kitchens on the property, as well as full-service independent restaurants. He also has applied the sous-vide technique in prestigious cooking events like the Culinary Olympics and the Bocuse d’Or. In 2014 Rich was contracted by the Royal Family of Dubai where he performed the technique for the chefs at the Royal kitchens of the Zabeel Palace.
So what are you going to learn?, Well, the course is packed with applicable cooking procedures using sous-vide that you can take back and begin using in your own operations. The topics covered in the two-day hands-on workshop are listed below:
- Sous-vide fundamentals
- High production sous-vide with steam
- Fish cookery
- Fruit and vegetable cookery
- Poultry and meat cookery
- Compression sous-vide
- Retherm technique with sous-vide
- Cooking secondary cuts of meat
- Specialty vacuum preparations
- HACCP and food safety overview
This is a professional hands-on workshop for chefs. Participants will receive a welcome letter with the schedule three weeks prior to the course. The certificate provided at the end of the course is good for sixteen hours toward continuing education with the American Culinary Federation. All participants will receive an electronic file with recipes and the course material upon completion. We supply all of the food and material for the workshop. This class is a tremendous value.
This program is approved for 16 continuing education hours toward the initial or recertification application for ACF certification.
Note: These programs are not endorsed, accredited, or affiliated with ACF or the ACF Certification Program.
Here’s what chefs are saying about the class.
“Chef Rich not only teaches the basics and advanced techniques of sous vide cooking…he made sure he understood each participants business needs and showcased techniques specific to them!"
Lou Bastian- VP Corporate Chef Levy Restaurants.
TOOLS AND ATTIRE:
Each attendee may bring their own knives & notepad. We suggest your normal kitchen attire and apron.
PLEASE NOTE: No video or audio recording devices are allowed during the class. Only still photos are allowed. This is strictly enforced.
CLASS SCHEDULE: (ALL DAYS/LOCAL TIME)
8:30 to 9:00 – (Continental Breakfast)
9:01 to 12:00 – (Morning Session)
12:01 to 12:30 (Lunch)
12:31-3:00– (Afternoon session)
RC CULINARY LAB
75 Lawson Rd SE STE 203, Leesburg VA 20176
44050 Woodbridge Pkwy, Leesburg, VA 20176
Hilton 115 Fort Evans Rd NE, Leesburg, VA 20176
Phone: (571) 258-1068
Washington Dulles International Airport
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
- Less than 90 days prior - 100% refund to original form of payment will be offered for the total amount paid.
- Less than 60 days prior - No refunds will be offered but 100% class credit will be issued and can be used towards future classes.
- Less than 10 days prior - 75% class credit offered (based on the amount paid) and can be used only for regular class prices and cannot be applied to early bird prices or discounts.
- Less than 7 days prior - 50% class credit offered (based on the amount paid) and can be used only for regular class prices and cannot be applied to early bird prices or discounts.
- Anytime (past participants only)- 100% class credit offered (based on the amount paid) and can used only for regular class price and cannot be applied to early bird prices or discounts.
Each situation will be evaluated by Chef Rich Rosendale and/or Chef Christopher Rieloff. Upon review, the credit will be submitted. Evaluation can take up to 48 hours.
WANT A CLASS IN YOUR CITY? - CONTACT email@example.com
Equipment sponsors from www.rcculinarylab.