Modernist Plating & Technique, September 21st-22nd, RC Culinary Lab, DC Metro
- AUGUST 21, 2020: Price will increase to $950.00
Does the presentation of your food really matter? You bet it does, just like packaging a wonderful product we first judge something base on how it looks to us. Many aspects of our industry have evolved at warp speed over the last 10 years. It is easy for your plate presentations to have lost their "pizazz". I want to walk you though a myriad of techniques to help you re-access how you plate your food, and break out of the "center of the plate" mindset. I will introduce you to techniques that will add elements of texture, flavor and subtle nuances that will make an impact on your food both visually and in overall taste.
Considered an authority on culinary training, Rich, one of only 67 Certified Master chef’s in the United States. He has over 55 international cooking awards under his belt. He has experience in operations like the Greenbrier resort with 15 kitchens on property. His has training throughout Europe and Nordic countries along with training under Thomas Keller during the prestigious Bocuse d'Or where he finished in the top third of the field.
So what are you going to learn? Well, the course is packed with information. The topics covered in the hands-on workshop are listed below:
- The evolution of the "plate"
- Innovative and organic plating styles
- Crumbles and crisps
- Contemporary sauce techniques
- Contemporary terrines
- Infusion vessels and steepers
- Intro to hydrocolloids and gums
- Advanced sous-vide
- Modern serviceware
- Naturalistic cuisine
This is a professional hands-on workshop for chefs. Participants will receive a welcome letter with the schedule two weeks prior to the course. All participants will receive an electronic file with recipes and the course material upon completion. We supply all of the food and material for the workshop. This class is a tremendous value.
This program is approved for 16 continuing education hours toward the initial or recertification application for ACF certification.
Note: These programs are not endorsed, accredited, or affiliated with ACF or the ACF Certification Program.
Here’s what chefs are saying about the class.
“Chef Rich not only teaches the basics and advanced techniques of sous vide cooking…he made sure he understood each participants business needs and showcased techniques specific to them!
Lou Bastian- VP Corporate Chef Levy Restaurants
TOOLS AND ATTIRE:
Each attendee may bring their own knives & notepad. We suggest your normal kitchen attire and apron.
PLEASE NOTE: No video or audio recording devices are allowed during the class. Only still photos are allowed. This is strictly enforced.
CLASS SCHEDULE: (ALL DAYS/LOCAL TIME)
8:30 to 9:00 – (Continental Breakfast)
9:01 to 12:00 – (Morning Session)
12:01 to 12:30 (Lunch)
12:31-3:00– (Afternoon session)
RC CULINARY LAB
75 Lawson Rd SE STE 203, Leesburg VA 20176
44050 Woodbridge Pkwy, Leesburg, VA 20176
Hilton 115 Fort Evans Rd NE, Leesburg, VA 20176
Phone: (571) 258-1068
Washington Dulles International Airport
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
- Less than 90 days prior - 100% refund to original form of payment will be offered for the total amount paid.
- Less than 60 days prior - No refunds will be offered but 100% class credit will be issued and can be used towards future classes.
- Less than 10 days prior - 75% class credit offered (based on the amount paid) and can be used only for regular class prices and cannot be applied to early bird prices or discounts.
- Less than 7 days prior - 50% class credit offered (based on the amount paid) and can be used only for regular class prices and cannot be applied to early bird prices or discounts.
- Anytime (past participants only)- 100% class credit offered (based on the amount paid) and can used only for regular class price and cannot be applied to early bird prices or discounts.
Each situation will be evaluated by Chef Rich Rosendale and/or Chef Christopher Rieloff. Upon review, the credit will be submitted. Evaluation can take up to 48 hours.
WANT A CLASS IN YOUR CITY? - CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org
Equipment sponsors from www.rcculinarylab.