This class is taught by Rich, one of only 67 Certified Master chef’s in the United States. He has over 55 international cooking awards under his belt. He has applied this technique in large-scale operations like the Greenbrier resort with 15 kitchens on property, as well as full-service independent restaurants. He also has applied the sous-vide technique in prestigious cooking events like the Culinary Olympics and the Bocuse d’Or. In 2014 Rich was contracted by the Royal Family of Dubai where he performed the technique for the chefs at the Royal kitchens of the Zabeel Palace.
So what are you going to learn? Well, the course is packed with applicable cooking procedures using sous-vide that you can take back and begin using in your own operations. The topics covered in the advanced class are listed below.
- More advanced recipes using and even larger blend of ingredients including Guiness style pub roast, Barbeque Beef, Korean Style Ribs, Apple Ice Cream,
- Sous-vide and the pastry kitchen
- Catering: participants will assist rich in prepping and plating up a mock banquet using his methods of sous vide the same way that he does for functions around the world. These methods can be taken back to your own operations to make plated dinners run smoother.
- Applying for a variance from your health department to vacuum pack food (participants will get a template to use to start the process)
- HACCP Stick (by Fusion Chef) We will review this new tool released in 2016 that is Contains the process for setting up HACCP. (Actual Program is not included in the cost of the class)
- Cooking the perfect Lobster
- And more!
This is a professional hands-on workshop for chefs. Participants will receive a welcome letter with the scheduled three weeks prior to the course. The certificate provided at the end of the course is good for sixteen hours toward continuing education with the American Culinary Federation. All participants will receive an electronic file with recipes and the course material upon completion. We supply all of the food and material for the workshop. This class is a tremendous value.
This program is approved for 8 continuing education hours toward the initial or recertification application for ACF certification.
Note: These programs are not endorsed, accredited, or affiliated with ACF or the ACF Certification Program.
Here’s what chefs are saying about the class.
“Chef Rich not only teaches the basics and advanced techniques of sous vide cooking…he made sure he understood each participants business needs and showcased techniques specific to them.
Lou Bastian- VP Corporate Chef Levy Restaurants
TOOLS AND ATTIRE: Each attendee may bring their own knives & notepad. We suggest your normal kitchen attire and apron.
PLEASE NOTE: No video or audio recording devices are allowed during the class. Only still photos are allowed. This is strictly enforced.
CLASS SCHEDULE: (LOCAL TIME)
8:15 to 8:30 – (Continental Breakfast) 8:30 to 12:00 – (Morning Session) 12:00 to 12:30 (Lunch) 12:30-3:00– (Afternoon session)
CLOSEST AIRPORT: Naples Airport
RECOMMENDED HOTEL: Cove Inn on Naples Bay 900 Broad Ave S, Naples, FL 34102
ADDRESS FOR THE CLASS: Naples Yacht Club 700 14th Avenue, South
Naples, FL 34102
Phone number for any additional information: (202)969-6010
Space is limited.
CANCELLATION/REFUND DATES: 100% – 60 Days Out
NO REFUNDS – Less Than 60 Days - AMOUNT CAN BE USED FOR FUTURE CLASSES.
WANT A CLASS IN YOUR CITY? - CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org